SAP Dashboard Design SP4 Feature Pack 3: C++ runtime error fix
I was quite happy when Feature Pack 3 for the SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 platform was released. However, after installing it on a 32-bit Windows 7 machine with MS Office 2010, I encountered a C++ runtime error every time when I launched Xcelsius.exe.
It took a while to find the solution but here it is:
- Right click Xcelsius.exe
- Select the ‘Run as an administrator’
- Problem solved..
The next time I started it, without the ‘run as administrator’ trick, it launched just fine.
Like many times, finding the solution is often the hardest part. Applying the solution it self is often very simple.
If you may encounter the same problem, try this solution.
It helped in my case.
- SAP Lumira Cloud: My first impressions
- There’s only room for one Y-axis
- How to create a loading screen for SAP Dashboards
- SAP Dashboards SP05: first impressions on mobile HTML5 functionality
- SAP BusinessObjects official maintenance schedule
- SAP Dashboards HTML5 export preview on November 13th
- SAP Dashboards: Visually supporting KPI score comparison
- Does “SAP Design Studio” live up to its name?
- Xcelsius print button error: bars and lines are not shown
- Xcelsius: Advanced stacked bar chart drill down