SAP Dashboard Design web service error: ‘Unable to load URL’
Recently, I was testing some webservices to write and read comments from a custom SAP BW table and display them in a SAP Dashboard Design / Xcelsius dashboard.
While creating the webservice connection in the SAP Dashboard Design connection manager, I constantly received the ‘Unable to load URL’ error message.
Some trial and error and SCN searching provided the following solution, which worked immediately:
1. Copy the Webservice URL in your internet brower.
2. Save the web page as a XML file.
3. Open the XML file with notepad.
4. Find the following statement:
5. Replace with the following statement:
<soap:operation soapAction=”" style=”document”/>
5. Save the XML file.
6. Open the XML file in your internet browser.
7. Paste the path to the update XML file in the ‘webservice URL connection field, in the connection manager in SAP Dashboard Design
This fixed the issue for me.
- How to create a loading screen for SAP Dashboards
- SAP Dashboards SP05: first impressions on mobile HTML5 functionality
- SAP Dashboards HTML5 export preview on November 13th
- SAP Dashboards: Visually supporting KPI score comparison
- Does “SAP Design Studio” live up to its name?
- Xcelsius print button error: bars and lines are not shown
- Xcelsius: Advanced stacked bar chart drill down
- Using SAP BW Key-Figure filters in SAP Dashboard Design connections
- SAP Dashboard Design SP4 Feature Pack 3: C++ runtime error fix
- SAP Dashboard Design browser cache issues