Posts tagged fix
What’s the issue?
It can occur, that printing your dashboard, using the ‘printer button’ component results in empty graphs.
In my situation, the axes and labels were shown on the paper print-out but the actual data (line or bar) wasn’t visible. It seemed to happen mainly in complex dashboards with a large amount of components.
How to fix this?
The solution lies in the version of your Adobe Flash player. In Adobe 10.x versions of the Flash player it’s a known issue. If you’re able to upgrade to version 11.x, the problem seems to disappear.
If you’re in a corporate environment, I realize that upgrading might be a complex challenge. For now, this is the best solution. An alternative can be using screen capturing tools like for example Snag-it, but requires more mouse clicks from the user.
I was quite happy when Feature Pack 3 for the SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 platform was released. However, after installing it on a 32-bit Windows 7 machine with MS Office 2010, I encountered a C++ runtime error every time when I launched Xcelsius.exe.
It took a while to find the solution but here it is:
- Right click Xcelsius.exe
- Select the ‘Run as an administrator’
- Problem solved..
The next time I started it, without the ‘run as administrator’ trick, it launched just fine.
Like many times, finding the solution is often the hardest part. Applying the solution it self is often very simple.
If you may encounter the same problem, try this solution.
It helped in my case.
Recently, I was testing some webservices to write and read comments from a custom SAP BW table and display them in a SAP Dashboard Design / Xcelsius dashboard.
While creating the webservice connection in the SAP Dashboard Design connection manager, I constantly received the ‘Unable to load URL’ error message.
Some trial and error and SCN searching provided the following solution, which worked immediately:
1. Copy the Webservice URL in your internet brower.
2. Save the web page as a XML file.
3. Open the XML file with notepad.
4. Find the following statement:
5. Replace with the following statement:
<soap:operation soapAction=”" style=”document”/>
5. Save the XML file.
6. Open the XML file in your internet browser.
7. Paste the path to the update XML file in the ‘webservice URL connection field, in the connection manager in SAP Dashboard Design
This fixed the issue for me.